Hi there. I have created this site so that you my friends, family and sponsors can keep in the loop during my year on the Anastasis - in Ghana and Liberia. I will update it as often as I am able, and hope that you can get the feel of life on board a volunteer hospital ship!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Very Busy Week

Hi there. Not much has changed since I last posted - but Ill let you know I have been learning a lot about Ghana!! It was great to be in the town when they bet America 2-1 to qualify for the second round in the World Cup Soccer! Unfortunately Ghana meet Brazil in the next match - we will have to wait and see - luckily we have no Brazilians on board, so we can all support our host nation in unity!



We have been in the ward a bit more since I last posted - setting up the unit for next week. We begin screening on Monday - and expect about 5,000 people to come to be assessed. I will be working taking medical histories from the patients, working with the doctors and nurses to help decide who we will be able to help!

In the meantime - I met up with the other Kiwis on the ship for a NZ photo - Some of you may know these people - spot me in the shade, and my mate from WSCF Lisa Swan!




More from me when something exciting really does happen, Soph:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home