Hi there. I have created this site so that you my friends, family and sponsors can keep in the loop during my year on the Anastasis - in Ghana and Liberia. I will update it as often as I am able, and hope that you can get the feel of life on board a volunteer hospital ship!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Shai Hills and a Solar Eclipse


Well, a quiet week on the Anastasis, I have a heavy week next week, so I will try to bring you another patient story. In the meantime - here are a few photos of Ghana from the top of the Shai hills. We went there yesterday, drove through the wildlife/game reserve in our Mercy Ships Land Rover, and hiked up to get this awesome view!


Within the reserve there were also some bat caves - we hiked up into them - and what a noise! The bats were so loud - and when we saw them - so small!

Ghana is much greener than I imagined before I came, despite the heat and lack of rain! The other interesting thing that has happened this week was the partial solar eclipse.

We took the patients out to one of the decks to watch the astronomical event - and our crew photographer snapped this awesome photo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home