Hi there. I have created this site so that you my friends, family and sponsors can keep in the loop during my year on the Anastasis - in Ghana and Liberia. I will update it as often as I am able, and hope that you can get the feel of life on board a volunteer hospital ship!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Screening Day

Well, I know it has been a while - but I have been waiting for our communications department to post all the photos from screening! We were not allowed to take our cameras so as not to intimidate people - and the official photographers snapped them on our behalf. It is only today that any have come through.



I thought I would just put one up - showing the line of over 3000 people who lined up for up to two days to be seen by our crew! I have never done so many manual Blood pressures in my life, taken so many medical histories - and doing it all through a translator - which is an interesting experience!



Many of the people we were able to offer help to - and have theatres scheduled from now until January! We have been doing a lot of cataract surgeries this last week - Dr Neil Murray from Tauranga has been overseeing those ops and it has been great to learn a lot about eyes. The first max fax surgery was today - and I properly start work on the ward tomorrow morning.



Missing you all and thanks for your prayers!

Soph

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work Soph

10:09 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats a max fax surgery?

2:47 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home